- Intellectual Property
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. – 1998
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Best Paper, Patents and Copyrights
- Honors: Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne Scholarship for Intellectual Property
- Law Review: Alabama Law Review, Editor, 1996 – 1998
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- M.E.M. – 1994
- Major: Engineering Management
- United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland
- B.S. – 1986
- Honors: Commandant’s List – 1985 to 1986
- Major: Mathmatics/Operations Analysis
- Alabama, 1998
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- "Shareholder Voting Over the Internet: A Proposal for Increasing Shareholder Participation in Corporate Governance", Alabama Law Review, 1998
- "I've Got a Secret!: Protection of Trade Secrets Under Alabama Law", Huntsville Technology Today, January-February, 2001
- "Federal Trade Commission Enforces Child Online Privacy Protection Act" (Co-Author with Greg Revera), Huntsville Technology Today, May, 2000
- Glennon v. Doe, et al., CV No. 5:16-00804, (N.D. Ala.). Obtained default judgment on behalf of plaintiff claiming online defamation.
- S. Robbins Corp. v. Schwertner, CV No. 00-J-1254-NW (N.D. Ala.). Assisted in obtaining seven-year production injunction against defendants in trade secret misappropriation case.
- VitalStim, LLC, et. al v. eSwallow USA, LLC., CV No. 1:12-4163-JOF (N.D. Ga.). Negotiated favorable “walk-away” settlement in defense of patent infringement lawsuit.
- Falcone, et al., v. The Regents, Opp. No. 91114836 (TTAB). Defended trademark applicant in opposition proceeding terminated with settlement allowing applicant to register mark.
- C&L Performance, Inc. v. Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. et al., CV No. 5:06-00802 (N.D. Ala.). Successful prosecution of willful patent infringement claims against multiple defendants obtaining favorable settlements from all defendants.
- Guntersville Breathables, Inc., et al., v. Kappler, Inc., CV No. 4:05-01863 (N.D. Ala.). Represented Plaintiff regarding claims of breach of contract, unfair competition and violations of the Lanham Trademark Act resulting in favorable license agreement.
- Newark Int’l., , v. Savannah Paint, CV No. 4:99-00095 (S.D. Ga.). Obtained favorable settlement for Plaintiff arising from breach of contract lawsuit.
- Baron Services, Inc., Kavouras, Inc., CV No. 98-N-1841 (N.D. Ala.). As attorney for defendant, reached a favorable settlement with plaintiff.
- X-Ray Imaging Innovations, LLC, v. Carestream Health, Inc., CV No. 2:13-00604 (N.D. Ala.). Obtained payment in settlement of patent infringement claims.
- Teal v. Gibbs, 4:10-00840 (N.D. Ala.). Obtained summary judgment defending Lanham Act domain name piracy action, dismissing all claims.
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- United States Navy, Lieutenant, 1986 to 1995
- United States Navy Reserve, Lieutenant Commander, 1995 to 1995
- Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne P.C., Shareholder
- Time Domain Corporation, Patent Counsel
- Bradley Arant Rose & White LLP, Associate